Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Meek and Kind

They lived happily ever after.

Every fairy tale ends happily, but what happens after that happiness disappears?


Cinderella falls out of love with Prince Charming. Her slipper no longer fits her foot so she went to scrubbing floors, the only difference is this time she gets paid to be dressed in black and white and have sores on her hands, blisters on her fingers.

Snow White realizes that her daughter was the fairest in all the land when she asked the magic mirror, so she fed her a poisoned apple and ripped out her heart while she was locked away in her glass coffin. She gave her no chance of true love or it's kiss.

Aurora is so depressed because she doesn't know how to raise her own baby without her fairy helpers. She decided that permanently sticking to her nickname of sleeping beauty is better than being wrong and hurt in this life here. They found her body on the bed he rescued her from with a bloody knife in hand. Just as beautiful and asleep as she was when he first found her, just a little paler.

Mulan marries Li Shang but realizes that he is too soft for her taste. He lost her father's honor and blessing when he cried at dinner. She beats him now to show him what real pain is like.

The Beast out lived his beautiful bride. He soon went back to his old ways of a cold heart and met the angel again who gave him the dying rose in the first place. He wasn't shown any mercy and was sent straight to hell. Never to see Belle again.


We are taught as children that we are going to one day find our prince or princess. I hate that. I will never teach my children that. I want to let them know what the real world is like, because they are going to go into shock if they don't know the truth just like I did. All I know is that once I meet my "Prince Charming" he had better be a good person. I won't be swept off my feet by true loves kiss, it's something I want to work at with him. Also, he can't go by "Prince". Otherwise I can't marry him. He needs a better title then fortune and wealth. I'm looking for humble and caring.

No comments: